The Foundation of the Consortium of Multiple Sclerosis Centers (FCMSC) established MS Workforce of the Future Scholarships and Fellowships to encourage healthcare trainees and professionals to become more familiar with MS and its treatment, and to consider an initial focus or advanced specialization training in MS.
Basic Home Infusion has established a Nurse Scholar Program toward attendance at the 2019 Annual Meeting in Seattle, Washington from May 28-June 1st.
Funding will not be granted to those applicants who have received the June Halper MS Nursing Scholarship last year.
Guidelines & Eligibility :
Applicants must be licensed nursing professionals and active in multiple sclerosis care or research.
A limited number of annual meeting scholarships will be available. Each successful applicant will receive complimentary registration from CMSC and will be awarded a $1,000 scholarship provided by a grant from Basic Home Infusion to cover hotel, travel, ground transportation, meals and incidentals. Nursing scholars will have opportunity to meet with leadership for the organization during a special reception at the CMSC annual meeting.
- Scholarship recipients participating in the 2019 Annual Meeting of the CMSC will be expected to arrange their schedules to allow time to participate in CMSC sessions of their choice.
- To attend the Scholar Recognition Luncheon on Thursday afternoon, May 30th at 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm.
- All expenses in excess of the scholarship funding are the personal responsibility of the scholar.
- Buffet meals are provided by the CMSC for meeting attendees. No other meal expenses will be covered by the scholarship funding.
- Scholarship recipients will be required to provide formal feedback on the benefits of the Basic Home Infusion Nursing Scholarship Program. A post-meeting survey will provide feedback on the benefits of participation in the Annual Meeting.
Funding for the attendance to the CMSC Annual Meeting is limited and $1,000.00 maximum.
Submitted applications will be judged on a first-come, first-served basis until funding is depleted.
Evaluation Process & Criteria :
Scholarships will be awarded after review by the IOMSN scholarship review committee. Selection of qualified candidates is independent of the funding supporters.
Applicants should include a statement of support from their direct supervisor.
Applicants will be evaluated on plans to:
- Implement knowledge gained in clinical practice
- Share knowledge gained with others in his/her local program
- Share knowledge gained with others in other educational settings
- Provide follow-up information to scholarship committee and IOMSN organization upon request
Interested Applicants, Please Follow Instructions Below :