The IOMSN LiveWiseMS Award recognizes the contributions of an MS nurse in sustaining health and wellness in herself, her patients and families, and her colleagues.
The winner of this award will:
- increase the knowledge and skills of all those affected by multiple sclerosis
- increase adherence to, effectiveness of, and outcome of all prescribed therapies both pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic
- increase self-efficacy, self-management, and empowerment in patients with MS
- Nominated by peers - (total number of votes that each candidate receives)
- IOMSN member for a minimum of 2 years
- Participate in clinical practice; consistently demonstrates exemplary understanding and implementation of wellness activities personally and in patients
* The award will be presented at the IOMSN Dinner at the CMSC Annual Meeting.
MOIRA BAYNES, RN, BSN, MSCN
Johns Hopkins MS Center
Baltimore, MD (USA)